One look at my Instagram feed will reveal two things about me: 1.) I am not a model 😩, and 2.) I have a serious addiction to designer handbags! We all know luxury items are not cheap, so cost per wear is a major factor in my decision to purchase designer goods. A handbag must be versatile enough to be used on a regular rotation, and with a variety of outfits. Over the years, I have found 5 bags that generally complement every outfit.
1. Chanel Classic Flap. This bag is so iconic, so ladylike, and so luxe! Of course it is the quintessential evening bag due to the clutch shape, the hardware detailing, and the chain strap, but this bag is so classic that I have seen fashionistas pair it with cutoff shorts and a tank, and it just works!
2. Gucci Soho Disco. This small bag is a style wonder! It’s the perfect multipurpose bag for day: it can be worn crossbody or on the shoulder. Because of its small size, it can pull double duty as a chic going out to the club bag!
3. Louis Vuitton Neverfull. A classic since it was first introduced in 2007! I’m sure many question me placing the Neverfull on this list, and I agree, this bag will not work with evening wear! But it is such a versatile bag. The Neverfull is one of those rare bags that looks just as good with jeans and a cardigan, as it does with yoga pants and a hoodie! I personally love the Neverfull in both Damier Ebene and Azur, as well as classic monogram!
4. Chloé Faye. This bag comes in wide variety of color options, smooth leather, suede, or a combination of both. The structure of the bag makes it ideal for day/casual outfits, but the hardware and chain details add a touch that pairs well with dressier clothing.
5. Prada Saffiano Galleria Double Zip Tote. I feel like Prada gets left behind in the luxury brand race. I mean, Gucci is having a major moment right now (Hello, Marmont!), and when most people spotlight structured totes, the Birkin and Sac De Jour are often the most profiled. But I love the Prada Galleria because it is such a well made, classic tote! It is large enough to carry my work files, it is professional for when I’m in court, and it flies under the radar! It pairs fabulously with a suit, as shown in my photo below, or with a tee, Skinny Jeans, and pumps!
See ya next time!