I may be a little late to the party, but I have totally fallen in love with paper masks this past year! I was afraid to try them at first; the labels on many of them are written in Korean, and I was always concerned that I’d either purchase the wrong product, or even worse, pick up a counterfeit (seriously, it’s a thing)! But thanks to MANEFIT, the Yes product line (Yes to Grapefruits in my case), and Charlotte Tilbury, I have put my clay and peel off masks away, and I’m embracing the serum rich, easy to apply goodness that is paper masks!
According to this article on the Huffington Post, a key benefit of face masks is that “they deliver product deep into skin in a concentrated way” which means that all of the hydrating, brightening, acne zapping, or rejuvenating ingredients are absorbed quickly into the skin where they can begin working. Sounds like a win, right?
I recently acquired two new paper masks from MANEFIT that I love, so I’ll be reviewing them today, as well as linking a few other paper masks that I have found to be effective!
1. Lily Whitening & Brightening Mask: From the moment I opened the packet, I knew this mask would be good, as it was literally drenched in thick, milky serum! Some paper masks can feel a little dry, but that was not the case with this one! I applied it to my face, and relaxed for 20 minutes, per the instructions. The mask did not dry, and when I removed it, there was an abundance of serum remaining on my skin. Because I had already washed and applied toner before using the mask, I simply rubbed the remaining residue into my skin, and skipped applying face lotion, as the serum was richly moisturizing. This mask left my with a dewy and radiant appearance that I loved! I would recommend this mask for anyone with normal, or dry and dull skin. Socialite Rating: 9.5/10
2. Mugwort Astringent & Pore Care Mask: Initially, I was hesitant to try this mask, as it is not described as being compatible to my skin’s needs. I do not have oily skin or acne, so I typically avoid products with the terms ‘Astringent’ or ‘Salicylic Acid’ due to fears of drying. I probably won’t use this product again, as I didn’t notice any skin specific benefits for me, but I’d still like to give it a fair review! The mask is made of a thick material, which is good because it holds the serum well, and the weight helps the mask adhere evenly to the skin. The serum on this mask is watery and runny, but it dried in about 20 minutes. I didn’t see much of a change when removing, but I noticed that my skin felt clean and my pores were not visible when removing. I moisturized with Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream after using this, as I noticed that my skin felt dryer. I think that this mask will be fabulous for those who deal with acne, blemishes, and/or oily skin! Socialite Rating: 6.0/10
3. Charlotte Tilbury Revolutionary Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask Single Mask: As I shared in this post, I am obsessed with all things Charlotte Tilbury, and this innovative dry mask is no exception! While I love wet masks due to the residual serum you can rub in when you’re done, this dry mask makes good sense, and cents! Because it’s dry, you can reuse this mask up to 3 times!!!! The skin boosting ingredients are infused into the mask and activate from the warmth of your skin. The unique thing about this mask is that it has a built-in 5 Skin Solution IQ which tailors to your skin, feeding it exactly what it needs. I love the way this mask smooths, clarifies, and brightens my skin tone, all in 15 minutes! Socialite Rating: 9.5/10
4. Yes To Grapefruit Brightening Vitamin C Glow Boosting Mask: This super easy-to-use and effective mask stays in my rotation! I shared it in this post once before, and it is still top on my list, mainly because it works! This mask it cut a bit smaller than other brands, so I find that it drapes beautifully over my skin, and the cutouts line up evenly over my eyes, nose, and lips without excess overhang! This mask works it’s magic in about 20 minutes, and it seriously amps up my skin’s radiance! The pink grapefruit based essence is so refreshing, and it minimizes my pores without causing tightness and dryness! I love this mask for the easy availability: you can snag the packets at Target, Ulta, and drugstores. Socialite Rating: 8.0/10
I didn’t want to leave my fellow Socialites with oily or dry skin out, sooo…I’ve combed through the web to find the highest rated and reviewed paper masks for each skin type! I have to point out that I have not tried either, so I won’t be giving any reviews, but I trust the good people at Ulta, and these masks come highly recommended! Check ’em out, and if you do, please leave me a comment sharing your experience! 😘
1. For Oily/Acne Prone Skin, check out Leaders AC Clear Treatment Mask. Click the link to purchase!
2. For Dry Skin, check out Dr. Jart Vital Hydra Solution Mask! Click the link to purchase.
See ya next time!