I love any excuse to catch up with my best gal pals, or my sisters, and being able to eat deliciously decadent waffles piled high with butter, powdered sugar, and other bad for my waistline but good for my soul toppings, is the best excuse since “my dog ate my homework!”
Cue brunch: that magical meal where I can gab with pals, gorge on waffles and wash it all down with a Bellini! I’ve profiled some of hottest brunch spots in Greensboro, NC, and sharing some of my faves from the menus! For all my socialites who don’t live in the Triad, never you fear! I’ve included my picks for casual or cute brunch attire, and a creamy Mimosa recipe! Read on for the goodies!
1. Print Works Bistro: Known for extraordinary flavors, and vibrant dining, Print Works provides an amazing brunch experience with top notch service! Weekend brunch at Print Works Bistro is served Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 AM – 4 PM. The French Toast is amazing!!
2. Dame’s Chicken & Waffles: Located in downtown Greensboro, Dame’s is a perennial favorite for the movers and shakers. The shrimp and grits are to die for, but I usually go for the Classy Hen: a fried chicken cutlet, and a fluffy waffle with vanilla almond schmear!
3. Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen: This classy joint does a Classic Southern Brunch every Saturday (11:15 AM – 3 PM) and Sunday (10 AM – 3 PM). Wonderful eggs Benedict, and the fried green tomatoes are a must!!!
4. Green Valley Grill: Weekend brunch at Green Valley Grill is served Saturday and Sunday, 9 AM – 4 PM. I recommend the Housemade Vanilla Scones, and the Breakfast Calzone.
5. Cafe Europa: Located in downtown Greensboro, and a bit off the beaten path, Europa provides standard brunch fare: Eggs Benedict, hash browns, etc), but the food is so good and flavorful, and the service is great! The main attraction is the patio and the unique mixed drinks! (No website exists. The restaurant is located at 200 N. Davie St. Greensboro, NC 27401)
Brunch can either be a casual or classy affair; it really just depends on where you go, the occasion, or in the words of Bobby Brown, “your perogative”! I’ve picked out some of my favorite casual or cute looks. Shop the widgets below!
I also wanted to share this super fabulous Pineapple Orange Creamsicle Mimosa recipe from 3 Yummy Tummies with you guys! Brunch doesn’t always to have to be at a restaurant. Invite your girls over, fry up some bacon, and serve these Mimosas! I guarantee they’ll be a hit!