As the Fall weather begins to turn crisp, my passion for baking always reignites. This time of year inspires me to pull out the cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, apples, etc. and bake yummy pies, cobblers, and cakes! Nothing, however, tops the Chocolate Chip Cookie, which ranks #1 on my list of all time favorite, quickly comforting desserts! 🍪
I’m slightly obsessed with cookies. An interesting tidbit about me is that I once owned a mail-order bakery: Sugar & Spice Cookie Company! (Here’s a little write up I was featured in!) Although I no longer sell cookies for a living, I still love baking them for my friends and family, and over the years, I’ve perfected all of the little tricks that make for a perfectly chewy, thick, and decadently sinful chocolate chip cookie, and I’m sharing the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever below!
– Chill your dough before baking! This helps the butter to solidify again, and it will reduce cookie dough spread while baking, which gives the finished cookie that pleasingly puffy appearance!
– Use a cookie dough scoop, like the ones below, for perfectly sized, and perfectly round cookies every time!
– I love baking on insulated cookie sheets. They are ideal for preventing thin or delicate cookies from browning too quickly. The tops and bottoms will come out evenly baked and evenly colored.
-Always slightly under bake! You don’t want them too raw or gooey, but the key is to take them out when the center is just a little lighter than the edges. Anything you remove from the oven will continue to bake on its own while cooling, so the under baked cookies will continue to settle and firm into moist, chewy perfection!
The search is over! This is the best no-fail, tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever find on the internet! This simple recipe consistently makes batch after batch of soft, chewy, and ooey-gooey cookies!
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter Soften at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs Sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Old-fashioned Oats (rolled) Optional
- 3 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips Ghirardelli makes yummy ones!
Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl, being careful not to overbeat. Combine the eggs and vanilla, and slowly add to the mixture, stirring or beating just enough to blend the egg with the butter and sugars. Add the rolled oats, and mix until blended. '
Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture into the flour, mixing until blended. Gradually add the chocolate chips, stirring until the chips are folded into the dough. Use your clean hands, or a cookie scoop to portion out 2 oz balls of dough for baking.
Chill the dough balls in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours. When ready to bake, leave at room temperature for 10 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on a cookie rack until set, then enjoy!
*Today’s post is brought to you by Amazon Fresh*
See ya next time!