Fall is hands-down my favorite season! ?? I love everything about Fall: watching the leaves change color, the crisp cool temperatures, pumpkin spice everything, and being able to hide my fluffy tummy behind cute chunky sweaters!!!
Along with the change in the weather, comes new styling options! Fall brings some major Fashion mojo in the form of cute and casual knits, warm and rich color palettes, and my fave: riding boots! Traveling in Fall can be easy, as so many pieces in our Fall wardrobe can be mixed and matched to create new looks. Hubby and I discussed traveling North to Vermont this fall, and while I was excitedly searching Vermont resorts and “things to do”, the idea for this post was born! Socialites are always traveling, so having a handy list of things to pack for a weekend getaway is always helpful. I’ve also included a little outfit inspiration, so be sure to scroll through and do a little shopping to get your best look for Fall! ?
1. Weekender Bag: A fall weekend getaway doesn’t require the fuss and complication of a 5-piece luggage set! You can usually get away with a medium to large duffle bag, and maybe another small tote for shoes and accessories (hey, a girl’s got to have options!) I’ve included some really Chic weekender bags in the widget below, so be sure to scroll all the way through!
2. Cute Scarves: I love a good scarf in Fall. Scarves have really become a style workhorse, taking the place of necklaces; functioning as headbands and head wraps; I’ve even seen them styled as belts! A scarf can take even a simple white tee and jeans, and elevate it into a chic look, all while serving the purpose of keeping you warm! I love to look for scarves in all colors and prints that are long enough to be worn in a variety of styles. 1-2 scarves are more than enough for a weekend getaway!
3. Long-Sleeve Mix’n’Match Basic Tees: The description kinda speaks for itself (they are basic and boring! ?) But long sleeve tees are a Fall staple for cute and casual looks. They serve as a backdrop for the aforementioned scarves; as a layering piece, and they look really cute with statement or layered necklaces!
4. Cozy Cardigans: You can get through most of Fall without needing heavier knit pullovers or coats, and cardigans pull double duty for being cute with the added function of warmth! Cardigans look great with jeans and tees, and can also help you transition your summer tanks and dresses through October. Pack plenty of these for interchangeable looks!
5. Fall Denim: I’m all about skinny jeans for spring and summer, to show off all the strappy sandals, but Fall marks the return of Boot Cut, and Flared jeans to my closet! I love my Fall denim to be dark and rich with gold stitching and button details! For a getaway, pack 1-2 pairs. You can get away with re-wearing!
6. Going Out Tops: As you can see from prior posts, I love cold Shoulder tops! These transition nicely into Fall merely by the addition of a longer sleeve length. Pack 1 of these, but make sure it’s a stunner! ?
7. Riding Boots: Yes, Yes, Yaaaasssss! My de facto favorite Fall Wardrobe Item!!!! (Can you tell I like these?!!!) Riding boots are so comfortable to wear, and they come in all calf widths. Wear them with sweaters, button down oxfords, tanks and cardigans: whatever you choose! These work for hiking trails or going out to dinner, so please don’t forget to pack them!
8. Classic Trench: I’m including this because 1. Every woman over 30 should have one of these in her wardrobe. And 2. Depending on where you’re going and when (Think “Mountains in November“) you might need something a little warmer than just a cardigan or a pullover. Trenches come in a multitude of colors, but I think the classic tan pairs well with everything!
9. Hobo Bag: I love Hobo’s for Fall because they normally come standard with rich suede or leather, and usually include boho features likes tassels and fringe that work well with chunky sweater and scarves. Find one in every price range below!
10. Necklaces: The layered necklace look is still going to be huge this Fall. You can get the look on your own with necklaces you already have by following a pattern(ex. 12″, 14″, 18″), but they also come prelayered!
*Share your pack for a weekend getaway tips in the comments below! Also, leave me a comment if you’d like me to do a scarf tying tutorial post/video! *
See ya next time!
August 25, 2017 at 3:50 am
Love the light leather bag and I did not realize that ny&co online offer larger sizes
August 25, 2017 at 5:06 pm
Love the merchandise for the fall. You are giving a lot of style for fall clothing
August 26, 2017 at 2:50 am
Great picks for Fall! This season is my favorite also as well as Winter. The clothing are just more comfy and cuter.
August 27, 2017 at 12:04 am
Yes!!! Love Fall’s comfy clothing!
August 26, 2017 at 1:57 pm
Great selection! I’ll definitely keep your advice in mind when I pack for my weekend in London in three weeks 🙂
August 27, 2017 at 12:05 am
London! Wow, so exciting! Have a safe and fun trip!
August 26, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Ahh so many great tips!! Thankyou for the inspo 🙂 Also I’m loving that first necklace in the widget!
Chanté xo | http://www.chante-louise.com
August 27, 2017 at 12:06 am
Glad you were able to get some inspo! ?
August 26, 2017 at 10:51 pm
Those are all fabulous picks! I love that weekender bag. – Stephanie | http://www.theborrowedbabes.com
August 27, 2017 at 7:35 pm
So many great tips and i LIVE for weekend getaways!!
August 27, 2017 at 9:32 pm
I super love this guide! I need a good fall weekend getaway ASAP. My wife and I are planning a hiking trip for out anniversary. Hopefully I can use this guide for that!
August 29, 2017 at 10:31 am
Such a great check list!!! I hope I have a fall get away to pack for this year!