Well Socialites…it’s my Birfday!!! 🎈🎉🎂🍾🦄 I am officially 35!!! Now that that’s done, let me just be real and say that I did NOT bounce out of bed this morning to do a cute pj’s and eye mask photo shoot like all the other bloggers (I actually had to crack my toes and stretch real good before I hobbled, old lady style, to the bathroom.) Nor did my hubby fill my room with a bunch of balloons or breakfast in bed, like the other blogger cliches because a.) We have a 2 year old in our bed and b.) He knows not wake me up in the morning…even with breakfast! 😂
So…no overly cute photos today, but I did want to share a few things about me that you might not know! So without further ado, here is my list of:
35 Things To Know About Me!
1. I am a lefty, and a hardcore one. Seriously, I can’t eat anything without it ending up on my shirt, my handwriting always smudges, and I cannot do a thing with math.
2. I am almost a full time blogger (steadily working toward it!) , but I am also a social worker, and a former child protective services investigator. I walked away from that earlier this spring, and I’m in a much better mental place!
3. I am the classic introverted extrovert, and type INFJ for all my fellow Myers-Briggs nerds! 😝 This makes the writing part of my blogging a natural fit, but makes for super awkward and self-conscious public photo shoots. LOL
4. I am a serious animal lover.
5. I’m a plus size blogger who would probably be thin really easily if I didn’t have my nightly routine of 3 fresh baked (rather large) Pillsbury cookies! Such is life. I’m not giving them up!
6. I have been married for 7 years now.
7. I gained a whole shoe size after I gave birth to my daughter.
8. I cannot carry a tune to save my life…but that little minor fact will not stop me from attempting to hit Mariah Carey’s high notes anytime I listen to her music. And my hubby, being the wonderful soul that he is, always tells me “you almost had it that time babe!” God bless him!
9. This is much harder than I thought it would be. Geez…I’m only on number 9.
10. I have never gotten a speeding ticket! 🤞🏾
11. God (The Most High) and church are a huge part of my life. My spiritual walk and faith are of the utmost importance to me.
12. I have no clue how to potty train my 2 year old. We’re just hoping for the best at this point. I’m seriously considering putting her potty under her pillow and hoping she’ll learn through osmosis.
13. I never wear a watch because I always use my phone. In fact, the only reason I bought a watch is so I could do the ubiquitous #armparty instagram photos.
14. I never wear makeup until it’s time to do photo shoots. LOL
15. I’m ridiculously lazy. Like, lazy ain’t even the word. On Saturdays, all I do is lie on the couch and rot. And envy my toddler’s energy level.
16. I’m never on time. This probably goes with #15, because I’m going to lie in bed till the last possible minute. The early bird gets the worm, but the late worm doesn’t get eaten. #logic
17. I just realized this list sounds pretty negative. I hope y’all realize it’s all tongue-in-cheek. I love myself…I promise!
18. I have 2 older sisters and we are the best of friends. We talk on the phone like teenage girls. Even down to just staying on the phone even though no ones talking. LOL.
19. Coming To America is the greatest movie of all time and no one can convince me any different. Yeah…I’ve seen Schindler’s List and everything Meryl Streep ever did…and yeah. Coming To America is the best of all time!
20. I will forever love 80’s fashion! I like everything off the shoulder, and all the glam and excess!
21. I just started watching Hart of Dixie courtesy of Netflix, and I’m in love with this show! Am I not supposed to like Lemon? Cuz I do!
22. If I watch a scary movie, I am afraid to go downstairs on my own at night for at least 2 weeks. Even with a nightlight.
23. I’m getting old y’all.
24. The majority of songs in my iTunes are from 2011 and before. I cannot stand this new music that gets put out. #illuminati. Oh and I really love 90’s R&B. Even my gospel music is old. Like, if it’s not old school Kirk Franklin, Hezekiah Walker, or John P Kee, I ain’t listening! If the video doesn’t have a choir marching in with robes, I’m not interested. 😂
25. I wanted to walk down the aisle at my wedding to “She’s Your Queen To Be” from Coming To America. My mom vetoed that one, and hired a harpist. *shrug*
26. I love to read! It’s my favorite hobby and pastime.
27. I am obsessed with all things Disney, and can be randomly found singing “Part of Your World” or “Hakuna Matata” at any given moment. I know all the words to at least 30 songs. LOL.
28. The Food Network is my jam! Chopped, and Beat Bobby Flay make me so happy. I can probably beat Bobby. #delusionalbutpositive!
29. On the real, I can cook! And I mean cook, like everything from scratch, and well seasoned. Ain’t no raisins in my potato salad, Karen!
30. One of my dreams, random as it may sound, is opening a coffee shop. I live in a really small town, and I would love to own a shop that’s beautifully appointed, with good coffee, and where everyone wants to hang out!
31. I don’t like watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, or lettuce. I think I have a hard time with watery foods.
32. I can honestly pass on avocados. Not much of a guac fan either.
33. I first fell in love with Prince when I was 2 years old and watched him slither across the stage on Purple Rain. I was only 2, but I knew perfection when I saw it. My mom tells me that later that night, she was rubbing my back to put me to sleep, and I drowsily mumbled “thank you Pince.” (Musta had a hard time with r’s.)
34. I am saved, classy, educated (Master’s Degree 🙌🏾) and a former Girl Scout…yet, I cannot control myself the moment I hear the words “Cash Money taking over for the 99 and 2000!!!” All semblance of class goes out the window, my lips poke out, and my butt starts moving of its own accord. Sorry not sorry! 😬
And last but not least…
35. I LOVE blogging! I feel as though blogging has helped me find my voice, my purpose, heck myself! I have been blessed through blogging to work with some huge brands (Hello L’Oréal!!!), travel, and meet incredible people (shout out to Annie Spano and my Style Collective sisters!) I am soooo thankful for all of my readers and followers, and I love each and every one of you! I hope that you’ll continue with me on this journey for the years to come, and for every birthday in the future!With that said, I leave you with this:
*Only the first 14 seconds apply*
See you next time!