Aaahhh Fall. The return of cozy knits, hot chocolate, and deep sultry makeup shades! I rarely wear makeup during the summer, so I eagerly anticipate the cooler temps of Fall and Winter that are perfect for stay-put-all-day makeup looks! Now that it’s time to put red lipstick back into my rotation, I have been cataloging all of my go to brands and shades, and thought I’d share them with my fellow Socialites! Drop your favorite red lipstick shade in the comments below so I can go test it out! ??
2. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-in-Stick Lipstick in shade Rouge in Danger. YSL oil-in-stick lipsticks will always be my fave, because they are sooo moisturizing. The shades are slightly sheer due to the oil content, but they are buildable. This would be a great choice for someone new to red lipstick shades, as the color is not as strongly pigmented!
3. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in shade Fiery. I love Stila; their lipliners can’t be beat! But I also adore this berry hued red, that works great on all skin tones!
5. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in shade Cruella. Its NARS. Enough said! Gorgeous, ravishing shade of red!
1. L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipcoulor in shade British Red. This 2011 Allure Best of Beauty Winner glides on smoothly with a hint of shine!
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Red Revolution. Beautiful shade of red, and goes on smooth!
3. NYX Pin-Up Pout Lipstick in shade Lucy. NYX really makes great products at a reasonable price point! This shade is your basic red, but it’s feather/bleed resistant, and quite moisturizing!
I hope y’all enjoyed my picks, and found a little shade inspiration! Don’t be afraid to incorporate deep and rich shades of red lipstick into your Fall and Winter pallette!
See ya next time!