Aaahhh Fall. The return of cozy knits, hot chocolate, and deep sultry makeup shades! I rarely wear makeup during the summer, so I eagerly anticipate the cooler temps of Fall and Winter that are perfect for stay-put-all-day makeup looks! Now that it’s time to put red lipstick back into my rotation, I have been cataloging all of my go to brands and shades, and thought I’d share them with my fellow Socialites! Drop your favorite red lipstick shade in the comments below so I can go test it out! ??
1. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Red Carpet Red. I love everything Charlotte Tilbury, and this gorgeous, rich red is no exception!
2. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-in-Stick Lipstick in shade Rouge in Danger. YSL oil-in-stick lipsticks will always be my fave, because they are sooo moisturizing. The shades are slightly sheer due to the oil content, but they are buildable. This would be a great choice for someone new to red lipstick shades, as the color is not as strongly pigmented!
3. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in shade Fiery. I love Stila; their lipliners can’t be beat! But I also adore this berry hued red, that works great on all skin tones!
5. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in shade Cruella. Its NARS. Enough said! Gorgeous, ravishing shade of red!
1. L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipcoulor in shade British Red. This 2011 Allure Best of Beauty Winner glides on smoothly with a hint of shine!
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Red Revolution. Beautiful shade of red, and goes on smooth!
3. NYX Pin-Up Pout Lipstick in shade Lucy. NYX really makes great products at a reasonable price point! This shade is your basic red, but it’s feather/bleed resistant, and quite moisturizing!
I hope y’all enjoyed my picks, and found a little shade inspiration! Don’t be afraid to incorporate deep and rich shades of red lipstick into your Fall and Winter pallette!
See ya next time!
Shop Forever 21: Save 10% off orders over $50. Use Code: HAPPY10. (9/14-9/17)
September 15, 2017 at 3:23 pm
Love the shades you chose! I haven’t tried any of them lol but I do love RealHer Deep Red! It’s my go-to red! The lipstick, gloss, or the pencil, it’s really my favorite!
September 15, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Thanks for the roundup girl! Def need a new good red lip!
xx Rebecca / The Crystal Press
September 15, 2017 at 7:22 pm
I can not wait to try some of these!!
September 15, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Wow, these colors are amazing! Loving the red lip for Fall, but lately have been leaning towards a darker red too which I am obsessed with. The Aria color from Stila has been my go-to! Def going to have to try these next time I’m at Sephora!
September 16, 2017 at 1:42 am
The CT and NARS are great shades for my complexion. I have about 3 red lipsticks already but…. I mean you know…. one more won’t hurt. Lol
September 16, 2017 at 3:36 am
I love the shade Mac red it is my favourite red. I might start digging out my red lippies for the autumn months, thanks for the inspiration
September 16, 2017 at 7:45 am
i use MAC ruby woo but there are a couple in here i need to try!!
September 16, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Those are great picks. A bold red lip can be such a mood booster! I love the first choice, and the slight berry hue of the stila one.
xo Jannine | http://www.happystylishfit.com
September 16, 2017 at 8:11 pm
strong red lip game! i love darker reds
September 17, 2017 at 10:48 pm
Love a red lip ! Nice selections. I will have to try some of your suggestions expecially the L’Oreal one <3
September 19, 2017 at 9:23 pm
Thank you! Let me know how you like it! ?
September 17, 2017 at 10:58 pm
I love a good red lip for the fall! So many great picks here.
Megan | http://www.styledbymegan.com
September 19, 2017 at 9:21 pm
Me too! Thank you! ?
September 18, 2017 at 2:50 pm
Loved this! Definitely going to wear lipstick more often this winter.
September 19, 2017 at 9:20 pm
Yes! Lipstick can elevate your look (and mood!) in minutes!!! ?
September 18, 2017 at 3:41 pm
First of all, I love the Stila! I have it and wear it all the time. Secondly, is there anything better than a YSL lip??
Love your blog
September 19, 2017 at 9:19 pm
Thank you so much! YSL is wonderful! So moisturizing. I’m about to go read your blog now! ?
September 19, 2017 at 9:16 pm
I love red lipstick so much! The Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution shade is my favourite.
September 19, 2017 at 9:18 pm
Me too! Charlotte Tilbury can do no wrong in my eyes!
September 20, 2017 at 11:47 am
LOVE all those colors.I am always so afraid to try red lipstick. – Stephanie | http://www.theborrowedbabes.com